Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee, No crystals
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, Finely chopped
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter.
- Add both sugars and beat well.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add flour, coffee powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1/2 c walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Wrap dough in wax paper and chill thouroughly in refrigerator (at least two hours).
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Using rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, shape into balls using palms of hands and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and working quickly place 3-4 chocolate chips in the center of each hot cookie.
- When chocolate has softened, spread over top and sprinkle with balance of walnuts.
- Remove to wire rack and cool.
Thanks for the Mocha Cookie recipe. It sounded good when I found the recipe , so I proceeded to make it. I was impressed. Different, and not too sweet. It will be nice for entertaining. Thanks
These were so yummy! I made them just for fun, then took most of them to my nephew's birthday party for some "adult food". They were gone before I could turn around! I used mocha flavored instant coffee, which added to the wonderful flavor. They looked beautiful and tasted great! Not to mention they were so easy. What a wonderful treat! Thanks!
Nice cookies. Easy to make -- I was able to prepare the day before and cook prior to the arrival of guests.