This is just one of Gourmet's Favorite Cookies from 1941-2008. Recipe Source: GMA
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1In a metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water melt the unsweetened chocolate, 1½ cups of the chocolate chips, and the butter, stirring until the mixture is smooth, and remove the bowl from the heat.
- 2In a small bowl stir together the flour, the baking powder and the salt. In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is thick and pale and beat in the espresso powder and the vanilla.
- 3Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, fold in the flour mixture, and stir in the remaining 1½ cups chocolate chips.
- 4Let the batter stand for 15 minutes. Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake the cookies in the middle of a preheated 350° F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are puffed and shiny and cracked on top. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets, transfer them to racks, and let them cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 49.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g