Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
A fancy addition to any meal :P
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 7⁄8 cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in 1 T water
- Place the butter and 2/3 cup water in a pan and bring to a boil. Tip in the flour and beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating thoroughly.
- Place in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe 12 or 16 swirls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately slit with a sharp knife to allow the steam to escape.
- Place chocolate in a pan saucepan with 2/3 cup water and heat gently to dissolve. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil and simmer for 7-10 minutes, until thickened. Leave to cool.
- Beat 2/3 cup cream and remaining sugar together until stiff. Beat in the coffee. Pipe into the cool puffs.
- Pour the chocolate sauce onto 4 plates, pour remaining cream over the sauce and pull a skewer through the sauce to marble.
- Place 3 or 4 buns on each plate and serve.