Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Incredible! I feel like I died and went to heaven!
Top Review by angelfan
Taste just like Cheesecake except in bar form. I did not add as much coffee as it called for, giving it just a hint of coffee flavor. Flavor much better the next day! Thank you so much for this. Will be serving this for the holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules or 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the crust: Beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add combined oats and flour; mix well.
- Press onto the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, then cool slightly.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, instant coffee, cocoa and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour filling mixture evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until middle is set and looks dry.
- Cool completely on wire rack, then cut into bars.
- Keep refrigerated.