Recipe by Red Robin
I found this recipe posted on Allrecipes. I have made these for work, friends and family. Yummy! The muffins are delicious and uniquely different from the average banana bread/muffin. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend butter, sugar, egg, banana, coffee granules and vanilla in food processor for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Blend just until flour disappears.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in with wooden spoon.
- Spoon mixture into 15 to 18 paper-lined muffin cups (you can also coat the pan well with butter for muffins without cup liners).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on wire racks.