Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
As per Janice Brady's recipe request, this is a recipe for Passover, but you can make it throughout the whole year substituting flour for the potato flour.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup potato flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Beat the whites stiff and add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Beat until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Sift the potato flour and cocoa three times.
- Beat the yolks well.
- Add the other 1/2 cup sugar, brewed coffee, and salt.
- While stirring, add the potato flour and cocoa.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Grease a bundt pan. Place batter in pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Invert the pan on the neck of a bottle until cool.
This is light, fluffy, kind of like a chocolate sponge cake. I was short on cocoa, so I used the 1/2 C I had and added hot cocoa mix for the rest, so I had more sugar than was needed. This was very easy to make; even my 4 you helped! I only sprayed the bundt pan with canola oil spray and it came out with minimal sticking. I dusted the individual slices with powdered sugar, but I bet it would be even better with a choc. icing. I used whole wheat pastry flour. Thanks Mirj!