Recipe by WI Cheesehead
You can make with or without icing. Personally, I think it's easier, and just as yummy, to leave off the icing! Time doesn't include preparing applying icing.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Great cookies, I used semi-sweet baking chips in place of milk chocolate and butter in place of margarine and omitted the icing, also I increased the cocoa powder to 2 tablespoons, thanks for sharing Cheesy!...Kitten:)
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon margarine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°. Place brown sugar, margarine, milk, instant coffee and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add to shortening mix; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Do not over bake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet and then on cooling racks.
- For icing, place white chocolate chips and margarine in heavy, resealable sandwich bag; seal bag.
- Microwave at medium for 1 minute
- Knead bag. If necessary, microwave at medium for another 30 seconds at a time until mix is smooth when kneaded.
- Cut small tip off corner of bag and pipe shapes on cookies or drizzle randomly.