Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't stand coffee, but people who do like coffee tell me they like this recipe. Regular granulated sugar will work, but I like to use superfine sugar in ice cream because it dissolves in the cold liquid easier, which I feel gives it a smoother texture.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan, heat the cream and instant coffee granules over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until granules have dissolved. Remove from heat. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Combine the heavy cream mixture with the milk, milk powder, superfine sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into the ice cream machine and mix per manufacturer's instructions, adding the chocolate chips about halfway through mixing.