Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious change from the traditional chocolate chip cookies. Recipe source: Bon Appetit November, 1986
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into 8 pieces, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in top of double boiler over simmering water or in microwave.
- Transfer melted chocolate to food processor.
- Add next 6 ingredients (all except for unmelted chocolate chips) and blend well (20 seconds).
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until done.
My son, husband and I really enjoyed these cookies! I love the coffee flavor! Thanks ellie!
Wow, these cookies are intensely chocolatey and delicious! I can't really taste the coffee much, but it definitely gives the cookies a bolder flavor. I had to mix the dough with my hands, since my food processor isn't big enough to handle the job, but other than that I followed the directions excactly. Thanks for a great new cookie recipe, Ellie!
Delicious! I couldn't really taste the coffee flavor. Next time I'll use 4 tsp. Here's what I did differently: I added 1 tsp. baking powder and 1\2 tsp. salt. These I mixed with the flour. I creamed the rest of the ingredients, then added the dry stuff; and the chocolate chips last. They turned out great! We served them to college students at a party, and they said they could taste the coffee even though I couldn't.