Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Cooking Light's 1995 Annual Cookbook. These are made with mini chocolate chips and instant coffee granules.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg substitute; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and coffee granules. Add to margarine mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in chocolate mini-morsels.
- Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake @ 375 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets and let cool completely on a wire rack.