Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This has always wowed my family and friends.
Top Review by Cranberry
This was my first attempt at a baked cheesecake. I substituted light cream cheese and baked it in the water bath. I also left it in the oven for an hour after baking with the heat turned off as the previous reviewer suggests. It turned out PERFECT (made it for a birthday party and everyone raved) and was so creamy and delicious. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the chocolate wafer crumbs and sugar; stir to mix.
- Add the melted butter; stir to combine.
- Press mixture onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar; beat until smooth.
- Add the flour; beat well.
- Add the eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, add the whipping cream and coffee granules; let sit for 1 minute.
- Add the coffee/whipping cream mixture and the vanilla to the cream cheese mixture; beat just until mixed.
- Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches of hot water.
- Place in oven and bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of the pan.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.