Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted as a request. My neighbor makes biscotti every year - tons of it and I always like to see her coming with our gift plate! From: Stoneware Sensations - Pampered Chef
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar in a 2 quart bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and instant coffee which has been dissolved in water.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a 7x2-inch log.
- Lightly grease a 11x17-inch pan.
- Place each log crosswise in pan about 4 inches apart.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove pan to cooling rack.
- Let logs cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove logs to cutting board.
- With serrated knife, gently cut logs diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices upright in pan, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes or until dry and crisp.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To drizzle with chocolate, microwave 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels and 2 TBS.
- butter on high one minute.
- Continue microwaving until chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle over biscotti.
- You can refrigerate 20 minutes to make chocolate drizzle firm.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Really nice, light and crunchy biscotti, just as it should. How ever, we decided the mocha flavor doesn't really suit biscottis best, but this is only personal preference.