Recipe by KCShell
Posted as a request. My neighbor makes biscotti every year - tons of it and I always like to see her coming with our gift plate! From: Stoneware Sensations - Pampered Chef
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar in a 2 quart bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and instant coffee which has been dissolved in water.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a 7x2-inch log.
- Lightly grease a 11x17-inch pan.
- Place each log crosswise in pan about 4 inches apart.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove pan to cooling rack.
- Let logs cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove logs to cutting board.
- With serrated knife, gently cut logs diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Arrange slices upright in pan, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes or until dry and crisp.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To drizzle with chocolate, microwave 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels and 2 TBS.
- butter on high one minute.
- Continue microwaving until chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle over biscotti.
- You can refrigerate 20 minutes to make chocolate drizzle firm.
- Store in tightly covered container.