Recipe by AZPARZYCH
An unusual marinade that produces a tastey sweet glaze for your chicken. Marinating time not included.
Top Review by breezermom
Super drumsticks! I served the reheated marinade as a dip, since it had been boiled. I marinated for 4 hours, and I pulled the skin off of half the drumsticks to save fat calories. I have to admit, the ones with the skin on were much more juicy, and I didn't eat the skin. I thought the ones I pulled the skins off of would absorb the marinade flavor more, but really didn't notice that....just noticed that the ones I left the skins on were moister. Really enjoyed this recipe! Thanks for sharing. Made for Newest tag.
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 chicken legs
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium, nonreactive container, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, coffee, and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place chicken legs in the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the marinade mixture, and set aside. Transfer the marinade to a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with pepper, and brown on all sides in the skillet.
- Pour the hot marinade mixture into the skillet.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Cool slightly before serving.