Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Very elegant! If you don't care for mocha, leave out the coffee.
Make and share this Mocha Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400* degrees F.
- Mix crust ingredients together, press into 9in pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in large bowl, I do this in the microwave.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, and sugar.
- Beat on med for 2 minutes, until creamy.
- Add instant coffee and salt; mix well.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 400* for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325* degrees F.
- Continue baking for 50-60 minutes, until set.
- Turn oven off; leave cheesecake in oven until it has cooled.
- In small saucepan, bring topping ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cheesecake.
Not good at all. I made two of these for company tonight. I spent quite a bit on ingredients. I was sorely disappointed with the results. I used baking chocolate, which to me means unsweetend chocolate. The cheese cake was not nearly sweet enough, it was actually bitter. I followed the directions exactly. I was left with one whole cheesecake and about four slices of the other. No one, out of 18 people liked it. I tried putting whipped cream on it to sweeten it. Didn't help. It was also rather dry.
SO GOOD! I'm eating it right now :-D Found it a tiny bit dry - will bake less next time.
An excellent recipe! The flavor is very intense and rich and yet not too sweet like some cheesecakes. A very impressive dessert that is easy to prepare, you gotta love that! I only had 2 oz. of baking chocolate so I used them for the cheesecake. For the topping I used just some semi-sweet chocolate chips and cream. Then to add some contrast I melted some white chocolate and drizzled that over the top also. This cheesecake received rave reviews from everyone who had it and I got numerous request for the recipe. Definitely a keeper!!