Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Very elegant! If you don't care for mocha, leave out the coffee.
- 236.59 ml chocolate wafer, finely crushed
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 56.69 g baking chocolate
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml instant coffee
- 1.23 ml salt
- 28.34 g baking chocolate, chopped
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml cream
- Preheat oven to 400* degrees F.
- Mix crust ingredients together, press into 9in pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in large bowl, I do this in the microwave.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, and sugar.
- Beat on med for 2 minutes, until creamy.
- Add instant coffee and salt; mix well.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 400* for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325* degrees F.
- Continue baking for 50-60 minutes, until set.
- Turn oven off; leave cheesecake in oven until it has cooled.
- In small saucepan, bring topping ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cheesecake.
Not good at all. I made two of these for company tonight. I spent quite a bit on ingredients. I was sorely disappointed with the results. I used baking chocolate, which to me means unsweetend chocolate. The cheese cake was not nearly sweet enough, it was actually bitter. I followed the directions exactly. I was left with one whole cheesecake and about four slices of the other. No one, out of 18 people liked it. I tried putting whipped cream on it to sweeten it. Didn't help. It was also rather dry.
An excellent recipe! The flavor is very intense and rich and yet not too sweet like some cheesecakes. A very impressive dessert that is easy to prepare, you gotta love that! I only had 2 oz. of baking chocolate so I used them for the cheesecake. For the topping I used just some semi-sweet chocolate chips and cream. Then to add some contrast I melted some white chocolate and drizzled that over the top also. This cheesecake received rave reviews from everyone who had it and I got numerous request for the recipe. Definitely a keeper!!
SO GOOD! I'm eating it right now :-D Found it a tiny bit dry - will bake less next time.