Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a really wonderful chocolate cheesecake, and its not too hard to make.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies (finely crushed)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 sweet chocolate squares
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Combine graham crackers crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Butter sides and bottom of an 8 inch springform pan.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Melt chocolate over hot, but not boiling water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese until soft and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time to cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate, instant coffee and salt.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake cake at 350 degrees in center of oven for about 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- It will firm up when chilled.
- Let cool for 45 minutes.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove sides of pan.
I got lots of compliments on this cheese cake! even though I didn't bake it long enough!