Recipe by pewpew1982
I couldn't help myself and grabbed the October 2006 edition of Gourmet Magazine. I wanted to share some of the more enticing finds within. This sounds absolutely fantastic!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (not unsweetned, no more than 60% cacao)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream and espresso powder.
- Cook sugar in a dry 2 quart heavy saucepan over moderately high heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt, about 2 minutes.
- continue to cook sugar stirring occasionally with a fork until it is melted into a deep golden caramel (1-2 minutes).
- remove from heat and carefully pour in espresso cream. The mixture will steam and bubble vigorously.
- cook over low heat, stirring until caramel is dissolved (1-2 minutes).
- add chocolate and salt, cooking until sauce is smooth.
- serve warm or at room temperature over your favorite icecream or other dessert.