Recipe by Baby Kato
Yummmm, I love fondues... This one is quick and easy to make and tastes amazing. I hope that you will agree. So, sit back, relax, grab a beverage and a fork and enjoy this treat. The caramel, coffee, and bittersweet chocolate in this rich and decadent treat are calling your name.
Top Review by gailanng
I showed this recipe to my 14 yo when I tagged it a couple of days ago for 123 Hit Wonders. Upon her first bite she said, "This was not worth waiting for...we should have had it the first day!" I'm guessing we'll be making this again and again.
- 14 ounces caramels, paper wrappers removed
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup strong espresso
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
I recommend a variety of the following
- pear, chunks
- peach, chunks
- grapes, large
- banana, sliced 2-inch
- tart green apple
- 10 whole marshmallows
- 10 pretzels
- 1⁄2 lb cake, chunked (may substitute angel food cake)
- 10 butter cookies or 10 wafer cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently heat caramels, cream, coffee, and chocolate in the top of a double-boiler over simmering, but not boiling water.
- Stir constantly until smooth.
- Next transfer the toffee mixture to a fondue pot, keep warm and serve with an assortment of fruits, marshmallows, pretzels, cake chunks and cookies.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.