Yummmm, I love fondues... This one is quick and easy to make and tastes amazing. I hope that you will agree. So, sit back, relax, grab a beverage and a fork and enjoy this treat. The caramel, coffee, and bittersweet chocolate in this rich and decadent treat are calling your name.
- 14 ounces caramels, paper wrappers removed
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup strong espresso
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
I recommend a variety of the following
- pear, chunks
- peach, chunks
- grapes, large
- banana, sliced 2-inch
- tart green apple
- 10 whole marshmallows
- 10 pretzels
- 1⁄2 lb cake, chunked (may substitute angel food cake)
- 10 butter cookies or 10 wafer cookies
- Gently heat caramels, cream, coffee, and chocolate in the top of a double-boiler over simmering, but not boiling water.
- Stir constantly until smooth.
- Next transfer the toffee mixture to a fondue pot, keep warm and serve with an assortment of fruits, marshmallows, pretzels, cake chunks and cookies.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.