Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a recipe box from a estate sale.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 chocolate squares
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup very strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; add sugar and cream again.
- Add beaten egg and stir well.
- Next, add the chocolate, which has been melted over hot water, and blend in thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients with the flour; which has been sifted before measuring. Add alternately with the coffee, begining and ending with flour.
- Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes in a 8x8" pan.