Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook. As the name says its a mocha cake. It's really good for a quick bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Butter and lightly flour one 8-inch square pan.
- Heat the milk and stir in the instant coffee until it dissolves. Add the vanilla and let cool.
- Cream butter and gradually add the sugar, beating untill light.
- Add the eggs and beat well. Stir in the coffee mixture.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder, add them to the first mixture, mixing well.
- Bake about 40-50 minutes testing with a toothpick.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out into a cake rack.