Chef fluffykins's Note:
This recipe came from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook. As the name says its a mocha cake. It's really good for a quick bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2Butter and lightly flour one 8-inch square pan.
- 3Heat the milk and stir in the instant coffee until it dissolves. Add the vanilla and let cool.
- 4Cream butter and gradually add the sugar, beating untill light.
- 5Add the eggs and beat well. Stir in the coffee mixture.
- 6Combine the flour, salt and baking powder, add them to the first mixture, mixing well.
- 7Bake about 40-50 minutes testing with a toothpick.
- 8Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out into a cake rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Cake
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g