Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A wonderful treat on a chilly evening!
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate, shavings (optional)
- Stir together milk, chocolate, and 1 tsp vanilla in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble around the edges and the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in coffee.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat cream, sugar, and remaining 1/2 tsp vanilla at a high speed with an electric mixture until soft peaks form.
- Pour hot coffee into mugs, and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (if desired).