Recipe by evelyn/athens
A nice combination of chocolate and coffee. Yum!
Top Review by D. Duckie
Made this today for a box cake and while I found it to not have quite the coffee flavor I was looking for, every other person who ate it raved about it and handed out lots of compliments! I'll keep this, but will likely add more coffee the next time. (It was extremely thick, so I added milk maybe a tablespoon of milk while blending - next time I may just use coffee.) Thanks!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water (I use an instant espresso)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes and beat in 1/3 cup of icing sugar, coffee mixture, salt, half the remaining icing sugar, the cocoa and vanilla.
- Beat in remaining icing sugar slowly and beat buttercream at high speed until it is light and fluffy.