Prep 19 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this from a cooking book. I really love the frosting so much. It tastes heavenly ;)
Make and share this Mocha Butter Cupcakes With Mocha Butter Frosting recipe from Food.com.
Mocha butter cupcakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
Mocha butter frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum
- 3⁄4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all purpose cream (chilled)
- Mocha butter Cupcakes:.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line cupcake molders with paper baking cups.
- In a small bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter together with sugar until light. Add vanilla extract and coffee powder. Add eggs one at a time, beating only until combined. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Start and end with the dry ingredients.
- Fill the batter 3/4 full into the cupcake molders.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Frost with mocha butter frosting. Makes 30 cupcakes.
- Mocha butter Frosting:.
- Using an electric mixer,beat the butter until light.
- Mix the coffe and rum together until coffee dissolves. Add this to the butter. Put in the powdered sugar and continue beating until blended. Add cream one tablespoons at a time, while beating the mixture at medium speed, adding more cream only as soon as the butter mixture has absorbed all of the cream.After adding all the cream, continue beating mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Use immediately to frost cooled cupcakes.
- You can top this with chocolate chips, marshmallows and candy sprinkles.