Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really a wonderful cake. I made about 60 of these cakes for the groom's cake when both of my daughters got married. There was no cake left at the end of the reception.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan, shaking out excess flour.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350ºF.
- for 45-55 minutes, or until tests clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes in pan, then invert onto cooling rack.
- Place cookie sheet under rack, to catch glaze drippings.
- FOR GLAZE: Blend the glaze in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved and smooth.
- Drizzle slowly and evenly over warm cake.
- Use all glaze until it is completely soaked into cake.
- This cake freezes very well!
This is my favorite cake to make when company comes. It's so simple, but very elegant. And the Kahlua gives it that extra something that people just can't put their finger on! I received a beautiful bundt pan last Christmas, so instead of a glaze I usually just sprinkle with powdered sugar. It looks Fabulous!
Man did I mess up??? I unknowingly left out the cup of oil. Needless to say the cake was much "heavier" than it should have been. But guess what???? It turned out really great!! I like it like this and will probaly do the same thing next time!! Thanks Miss Annie
This was a good cake. I felt like I should have added something to it when done. It just didn't have a good appearance. Maybe I did something wrong. Tasted good.