Recipe by Miss Annie
This is really a wonderful cake. I made about 60 of these cakes for the groom's cake when both of my daughters got married. There was no cake left at the end of the reception.
Top Review by Melissa Husted
This is my favorite cake to make when company comes. It's so simple, but very elegant. And the Kahlua gives it that extra something that people just can't put their finger on! I received a beautiful bundt pan last Christmas, so instead of a glaze I usually just sprinkle with powdered sugar. It looks Fabulous!
- 1 package white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines without the pudding in the mix)
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup vodka
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour Bundt pan, shaking out excess flour.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350ºF.
- for 45-55 minutes, or until tests clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes in pan, then invert onto cooling rack.
- Place cookie sheet under rack, to catch glaze drippings.
- FOR GLAZE: Blend the glaze in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved and smooth.
- Drizzle slowly and evenly over warm cake.
- Use all glaze until it is completely soaked into cake.
- This cake freezes very well!