1/4 Photos of Mocha Brownies With Coffee Frosting
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I love this recipe because it is easy to mix up, I usually have everything on hand and they taste woooonderful. The frosting is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- 2Melt shortening and butter over low heat or in the microwave.
- 3Remove from heat and add cocoa, blend well.
- 4Add sugar and mix well.
- 5Dissolve instant coffee in hot water and mix into creamed mixture.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beat well, by hand, after each addition.
- 7Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt.
- 8DO NOT OVER BEAT!
- 9Bake 25-30 minutes.
- 10Cool completely before frosting.
- 11For frosting, cream butter and vanilla.
- 12Add powdered sugar and mix in well on medium speed.
- 13Dissolve instant coffee in milk and add to mixture.
- 14Beat on high until light and fluffy.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Brownies With Coffee Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.9
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 64.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g