1/1 Photo of Mocha Brownies
Brownies with a kick! These are quick to prepare and i find that the coffee and chocolate enhance each other.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Brownies: In a medium sauce pan combine granulated sugar, butter, cocoa powder, and instant coffee.
- 2Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts.
- 3Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla.
- 5Beat lightly by hand to combine.
- 6Be careful not to over mix.
- 7Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 8Stir in walnuts if you are using them.
- 9Spread the batter into a greased (9x9x2 in) baking pan.
- 10Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 24 minutes, or until set.
- 11Cool pan on a rack.
- 12Frosting: In a mixing bowl beat butter until fluffy.
- 13Add cocoa powder.
- 14Gradually add 1 c.
- 15of the confectioners sugar and beat well.
- 16Slowly beat in 2 tbs of the milk and the vanilla.
- 17Slowly beat in remaining sugar.
- 18Beat in additional milk, if necessary, to make the frosting spreading consistancy.
- 19Once brownies are cooled, spread frosting over brownies.
- 20Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 152.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g