Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This chocolate-coffee (cake-like) brownies are delicious! I topped them with a delicious vanilla-coffee flavored frosting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1⁄4 cup hot tap water
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon hot tap water
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- chocolate sprinkles
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl stir together, sugar, butter, and the coffee crystals, which you dissolve in the 1/4 cup of hot tap water.
- Add eggs; beat with a spoon just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into egg mixture, then pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool cake completely, before topping it with the frosting.
- For frosting: Stir together 1 teaspoon of coffee crystals, and 1 teaspoon of hot tap water, until dissolved. Let cool for a few minutes before stirring into the vanilla frosting.
- Spread frosting over the brownies; top with the chocolate sprinkles.
- Refrigerate cake before serving.
Enjoyed the brownies; especially the frosting. So did my neighbor, who'm I shared these with. We'll definitely be making these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I am sorry that I cannot give a better review. While this is an awesome chocolate cake, it is not brownies.
These were great, but I am going to make mine with 2 eggs next time. They were a little crumbly. I prefer my brownies a little more fudge-like. The flavor was awesome though.