Delightful brownies dedicated to those who crave chocolate and coffee!
Make and share this Mocha Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) boxbetty crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon very hot water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 -3 teaspoons water
Chocolate Chip Glaze
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs about 50 strokes or until well blended. (Mixture may be lumpy.)
- Stir 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules into batter.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes (bake 25 to 27 minutes if using dark nonstick metal) or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In large bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons instant coffee in hot water.
- Stir in remaining frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread frosting over brownies.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat glaze ingredients over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth; drizzle over brownies.
- For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Store tightly covered.