1/2 Photos of Mocha Brownies
1 hr 20 mins
Delightful brownies dedicated to those who crave chocolate and coffee!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) box betty crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon very hot water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 -3 teaspoons water
Chocolate Chip Glaze
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- 3In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs about 50 strokes or until well blended. (Mixture may be lumpy.)
- 4Stir 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules into batter.
- 5Spread batter in pan.
- 6Bake 28 to 30 minutes (bake 25 to 27 minutes if using dark nonstick metal) or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean.
- 7Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 8In large bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons instant coffee in hot water.
- 9Stir in remaining frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- 10Spread frosting over brownies.
- 11In 1-quart saucepan, heat glaze ingredients over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth; drizzle over brownies.
- 12For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- 13Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 63.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g