1/3 Photos of Mocha Brownies
I doctor up my favorite brownie mix- Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge to make this and a couple other variations. This one is my husband's favorite, and mine, as well.... so far - I'm not done fooling around with this! If you like rich mocha flavor, you should enjoy this. The computer wants me to say "Duncan Hines chewy Fudge Brownie" mix, but it's the "Dark Chocolate Fudge" mix I use!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) box Duncan Hines chewy fudge brownie mix
- 1/3 cup oil (I've been using Enova, supposed to be better for you)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 -2 large egg (one for "fudgy", two if you want the brownies "cake like")
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract (optional)
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso (dry)
- 1I dump the dry mix into a large mixing bowl and add the two tsps of instant espresso to the dry mix.
- 2In a measuring cup I put the 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup water, then add the vanilla and coffee flavoring, makes it easier for me.
- 3Add the egg to the dry mix and then all the rest of the wet ingredients.
- 4Stir by hand, as directed on the box, about 50 strokes - or until there aren't any ( or many) dry lumps.
- 5Scrape the bowl into a prepared baking pan. The box calls for a 13 x 9 pan, but I spray the bottom of an 8x8 square pan with cooking spray and use that.
- 6The package calls for a much longer baking time than I find necessary. I use my Cuisinart Toaster/ Oven/ Broiler and it takes 35 minutes at 350 degrees for it to be perfect.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 199.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g