Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a lovely and rich but easy to make torte. Starts with a mix and comes out delicious...looks and tastes completely homemade!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2- 8 inch round cake pans.
- Line each with a wax paper circle and grease again.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs and water and mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pans to cool completely on racks.
- Peel waxed paper from layers.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and coffee, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream mixture on bottom brownie layer.
- Top with remaining layer and finish frosting sides and top with whipped cream mixture.
- Chill until serving time.