Recipe by bert
The first time I made this, when it came out of the oven I thought I had made a mistake but I thought, what the hey, I will finish it off! I'm glad I did. It has become a favorite with family and friends alike. It is an attractive rich chocolate dessest that is very easy to make. And so delicious!
Top Review by Anubis the Embalmer
I'm sorry, but I have to give this recipe a low rating. I followed the first part of the instructions to the letter, but the brownie part barely rose at all and fell apart when I took it out of the (greased and floured) pan. This might work well with a regular chocolate cake mix instead.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (15.5 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered instant coffee
- shaved chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 2 round layer pans (9").
- Blend brownie mix (dry), water and eggs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in pans.
- (This will look skimpy but persevere.) Bake 20 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. Check at 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans; remove from pans and place layers on wire racks to cool thoroughly.
- In chilled bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add sugar and coffee; continue beating until stiff.
- Fill layers with 1 cup of the whipped cream mixture.
- Frost with remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate or chocolate curls.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.