Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The first time I made this, when it came out of the oven I thought I had made a mistake but I thought, what the hey, I will finish it off! I'm glad I did. It has become a favorite with family and friends alike. It is an attractive rich chocolate dessest that is very easy to make. And so delicious!
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 2 round layer pans (9").
- Blend brownie mix (dry), water and eggs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in pans.
- (This will look skimpy but persevere.) Bake 20 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. Check at 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans; remove from pans and place layers on wire racks to cool thoroughly.
- In chilled bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually add sugar and coffee; continue beating until stiff.
- Fill layers with 1 cup of the whipped cream mixture.
- Frost with remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate or chocolate curls.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
I'm sorry, but I have to give this recipe a low rating. I followed the first part of the instructions to the letter, but the brownie part barely rose at all and fell apart when I took it out of the (greased and floured) pan. This might work well with a regular chocolate cake mix instead.
Hey, WOW! This is AMAZING! I sent half of this to DH's co-worker. He's requested one for his birthday. So simple, yet so good. I could eat the whole torte by myself. I used coarsely chopped walnuts, then I gilded the lily and sprinkled the top with a chopped Heath bar.