Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mocha Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce
- 9 1⁄2 cups French bread cubes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk (use 2 2/3 cup for pudding, the remaining for sauce)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- butter a 2 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Place cubed bread in prepared baking dish.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, 2 2/3 cups evaporated milk and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Stir in sugar mixture.
- Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly stir in remaining evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly;.
- cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with warm bread pudding.