Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
for all coffee lovers
- 3 1⁄2 cups French bread cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup light whipped topping (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- coat 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the bread cubes in the dish.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and instant coffee in a bowl beat eggs, evaporated milk and vanilla extract in a bowl until well blended; stir in sugar mixture.
- Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mixture.
- Place dish in a 13x9" baking dish, and fill it with warm water to 1" depth bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 30-35 mins or until set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped topping if desired.
- Serve warm.