Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Holy deliciousness. That is all I can say. (The recipe is relatively low in fat, but I added how to make a delicious caramel sauce to accompany this if your heart desires)
- 9 cups French bread, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Places bread cubes in a greased 2 qt baking dish. Combine sugar, cocoa and coffee in a small bowl.
- Beat egg whites, 2 2/3 cups evaporated milk, vanilla, and water until well blended then stir into sugar mix.
- Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes.
- **If you'd like you can make a caramel sauce for this by combining 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup light butter and 1 tbsp light corn syrup in a saucepan and cook over med-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Then you can take the remaining evaporated milk and stir that in--bring to a boil and cool for 1 minutes. Serve on top of the bread pudding.