1/1 Photo of Mocha Biscotti
1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
Great with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Kids will also love them. Makes a great gift. The recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no subsitutes)
- 1 cup sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on mediun to high speed for 30 seconds; add sugar, coffee crystals, baking powder, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; beat until combined.
- 3Beat in eggs until combined; beat in cocoa powder and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon; stir in nuts.
- 4Divide the dough in half; shape into loafs, using flour on hands; Place loaves on greased cookie sheet about 5 inches apart on cookie sheet; flatten to 3-inches wide; Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and a toothpick insterted in center comes out clean; reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- 5Cool on cookie sheet; transfer loaves to cutting board, cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; Lay sliced, cut side down,on cookie sheet; bake for 8-minutes; turn slices over and bake 7 to 12 minutes more or until dry and crisp; transfer to racks and cool.
- 6For espresso drizzle, in a medium bowl dissolve instant espresso in 1 tablespoon water; stir in powdered sugar; add additional water, IF necessary, to make drizzling consistency, drizzle over biscotti's.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1056 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 59.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g