Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup coffee, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, coffee and vanilla.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda; add to coffee mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Cool before cutting.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.