Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, coffee and vanilla.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda; add to coffee mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15-in.x10-in.x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Cool before cutting.
Yum! However, this really seemed more of a cake to me. Makes a lot! But it is delicious. I actually mixed the chips and nuts into the batter (and I may have ;) used more than a cup of chips)! Thanks for a good recipe! Oh, I also used applesauce in place of half the oil.
Delicious squares and so easy to put together. A great pot luck or family gathering recipe. I sprinkled the warm from the oven top with the chocolate chips then sprinkled with the walnuts. After cooling, I cut the squares and put individual servings in a large paper muffin cup for easy pick up and go.
Great recipe. I cut the recipe in half, and it was perfect in a 9x13 cake pan. I also didn't have walnuts, but I'd like try them again with the walnuts. I chopped up baker's chocolate instead of using chocolate chips. All in all, my finicky kids loved them and that makes it a gold star in my books.