Recipe by Marie
A little different take on banana bread with a hint of cocoa and coffee flavor.
Top Review by Bekah49036
I really like the idea of this bread. I'm always looking for ways to use up bananas. However, I baked mine for only 50 minutes and it came out very dry. I would have liked a much stronger chocolate/coffee flavor. Not sure what I was expecting. I will probably try this again with a few changes. Thanks Marie.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coffee
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk or sift if the cocoa is lumpy.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and butter and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well creamed, for at least two minutes.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add bananas, vanilla, and coffee and beat on low speed until blended.
- Add flour mixture and combine just until moist.
- Stir in walnuts and spoon batter into a greased 8 x 4" loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.