Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
What a great combination of flavors! Raspberries taste especially good with slices of this cake.
- 1⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup hot coffee
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste, grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Grease and flour a 10" fluted tube pan or 2 8x4" loaf pans.
- Whisk the cocoa powder into the hot coffee until dissolved; stir in the milk and set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the almond paste, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; add the vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; sift the mixture.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; alternately add the flour mixture and cooled coffee mixture to the butter mixture until combined.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and mix 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan (s).
- For a tube pan, bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- For the loaf pans, bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan (s); invert and cool completely.
- Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream or ice cream, or just a dusting of powdered sugar.