Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is listed on the www.recipe4living.com website as today's brownie recipe. "What do you get when you combine a fudgy mocha brownie with cheesecake? These luscious brownies, of course! Cut them into small pieces, because these prizewinning brownies get eaten up very quickly!"
Top Review by springdaze786
To die for!!! I used light cream cheese and 1 egg and 4 egg whites, and light margarine, and 2/4 cup brown flour and 1/4 cup white flour, and I ommitted the almonds and chocolate chips, still turned out to be amazing!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 6 tablespoons cocoa, Hershey's
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until light. Beat in one egg until creamy. Set aside.
- Cream butter with remaining sugar. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, until fluffy. Beat in cocoa and coffee.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt on waxed paper. Add, all at once, to chocolate mixture. Stir until well blended. Add vanilla, set 1/3 cup of batter aside.
- Fold chips and almonds into remaining batter; pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Spoon cheese mixture over batter. Stir milk into reserved batter.
- Making four rows, spoon 12 teaspoons of reserved batter on top of cheesecake mixture; run knife through each row to create heart-like shapes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.