Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A bundt style cake.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup grated unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted with
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- powdered sugar (to garnish, confectioner's)
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolks until light, and add the melted chocolate, stirring to combine.
- Add the sifted flour mixture alternating with the coffee, beating just enough to incorporate them.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks in a separate bowl and fold into the batter along with the almonds.
- Pour into a greased tube or Bundt pan and bake in a preheated 350F (180V) oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool a little before removing from the pan.
- Cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.