1/2 Photos of Mocha Almond Biscotti With Chocolate Drizzle
1 hr 20 mins
This was the first biscotti recipe I ever made and I was amazed at how easy it was to get great results! The chocolate drizzle makes these fancy enough for gift giving too. From Gold Medal's Holiday Cookies and Cakes (#33).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Dissolve coffee crystals in the hot water.
- 3Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs and coffee in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5On an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper, shape the dough into two 10x3 rectangles (each should be about 3/4 to 1 inch thick).
- 6Bake about 30 minutes or until center is firm to the touch.
- 7Cool 15 minutes on the cookie sheet.
- 8Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 9Place slices cut side down, in rows on a cookie sheet. (can be touching to fit them all on the sheet).
- 10Bake 7-8 minutes, then flip them over and bake another 7-8 minutes. The edges should be light brown and the biscotti should be crisp when done.
- 11Immediately remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack.
- 12When completely cool, melt the chocolate and shortening together (either in the microwave (but be careful not to over heat it or it will scorch) or in a heat-safe bowl over a pot of boiling water (for a quasi double-boiler)).
- 13Drizzle the chocolate over the biscotti using a spoon.
- 14When cool, enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Almond Biscotti With Chocolate Drizzle
Serving Size: 1 (1040 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g