Recipe by Ashley U
Coffee gives this bar a unique flavor while almonds add a crunchy texture.
Top Review by cacn
I have made these several times for special events like graduation open houses etc and always get rave reviews. I usually add 1 teaspoon of almond extract to the "bar" portion of the recipe
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine all bar ingredients except almonds in small mixer bowl.
- Beat at low speed until well mixed, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the almonds.
- Press dough onto bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Stir together powdered sugar and almond extract in small bowl.
- Gradually add enough milk for desired glazing consistency.
- Drizzle over warm bars.
- Cut into bars.