Recipe by love4culinary
These are strong in taste but soft and light
Top Review by Hey Jude
These are fantastic brownies! I made them for the office and they were gone by 10:00. These are so rich and delicious....they're addictive. I had to leave out the pecans because several people in my office can't eat them. Thanks so much L4C, these are great!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and chocolate together.
- Add coffee powder.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt, mix well.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F.
- for about 40 minutes.
- Cool completely before icing.
- In a small bowl beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar, and continue beating until smooth.
- Beat in liqueur to combine.
- Spread icing over the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in the refrigerator.