Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great butter cream filling for any cake. It's also the 3rd filling option for Butter Cream-Filled Cake
- 43 g Oetker pudding powder, cream flavour (1 packet)
- 100 -150 g sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk (570 ccm of milk is almost 2 1/2 U.S. cups)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 250 g butter or 250 g margarine
For the sides
- chocolate vermicelli
- Blend the pudding powder and sugar with 6 tbsp of the milk.
- Bring the rest of the milk to a boil.
- remove from heat and slowly stir in the blended pudding powder.
- Stir the pudding occasionally while it is cooling down.
- Cream the butter and beat in the cooled pudding one tbsp at a time (the butter and pudding shouldn't be too cool otherwise the cream may curdle).
- Cut the cake through twice horizontally.
- Spread the bottom layer with either a thin layer of jame and then 1/4 of the butter cream filling.
- Lay the 2nd layer over the filling, spread with a little less than half of the remaining cream and lay the top layer over it.
- Coat the sides and top surface thinly and evenly with a little of the remaining cream and sprinkle the sided with almonds .
- Pipe the rest of the cream decoratively over the top.