Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
So easy, so delicious. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate
- 1 quart oyster
- 1 quart whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt (or 1 teaspoon onion juice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Strain oyster liquor into saucepan; heat but do not boil.
- Heat milk in double boiler; stir in hot oyster broth.
- Add butter, seasonings, and oysters.
- When oysters puff and crinkled at the edges, serve at once.