Recipe by Mobii
This is an old favorite of the family. it's pretty much a normal meatloaf, except that it is stuffed with ham and cheese, plus a few other of mom's secret ingredients. I hope you like it.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced ham
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except ham and cheese.
- Pat out on foil to a 10 x 12 rectangle.
- Add alternate layers of ham and cheese.
- Roll very tightly and pinch ends like a jelly roll. Make sure the roll is tightly sealed.
- Pour ½ cup tomato sauce or catsup over top.
- Bake 350°F for 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes.
- * It saves pretty well in the fridge, so you can heat up leftovers for yummy hot meatloaf sandwiches and such the next day or two.