Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I read this In Long Island Newsday and tried it for fun. It was easy to make and delicious.
Make and share this Moamba Stew by Frank and Lula Koscheka recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, quartered
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cored, seeded, and diced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 lb cooked chicken, bite sized pieces
- 1 cup rice
- flaked coconut
- In a large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium flame until hot.
- Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, and minced jalapeno peppers. Sautee until onions are brown.
- Add quartered sweet potato, diced apple, and half chicken broth.
- Add peanut butter. Stir until absorbed. Turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, red hot sauce, coconut extract, marmalade, and chicken.
- simmer for 1/2 hour, adding remaining chicken broth as needed.
- while stew cooks, prepare rice.
- pour stew over bed of rice.
- garnish with flaked coconut.
- other optional garnishes include: 1 hard-cooked egg per serving, diced pineapple, banana, peaches, or mangos.