I read this In Long Island Newsday and tried it for fun. It was easy to make and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, quartered
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cored, seeded, and diced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 lb cooked chicken, bite sized pieces
- 1 cup rice
- flaked coconut
- 1In a large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium flame until hot.
- 2Add onion, Worcestershire sauce, and minced jalapeno peppers. Sautee until onions are brown.
- 3Add quartered sweet potato, diced apple, and half chicken broth.
- 4Add peanut butter. Stir until absorbed. Turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Add curry powder, red hot sauce, coconut extract, marmalade, and chicken.
- 6simmer for 1/2 hour, adding remaining chicken broth as needed.
- 7while stew cooks, prepare rice.
- 8pour stew over bed of rice.
- 9garnish with flaked coconut.
- 10other optional garnishes include: 1 hard-cooked egg per serving, diced pineapple, banana, peaches, or mangos.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moamba Stew by Frank and Lula Koscheka
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.0
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 639.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 43.2 g