Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Combine the molasses, hot water, and raisins.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes.
- IMPORTANT Cool to room temperature In separate bowl, sift the remaining ingredients together.
- Stir this into COOLED, molasses mixture until smooth.
- Make spoonful size cookies on a cookie sheet sprayed with PAM or similar spray.
- Sprinkle top of cookies with brown sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes.
I love this recipe - it's a bit of sweetness and guilt free. I use spelt flour and omit the raisins to keep the carbs down. No brown sugar on top either! I also simply spread the mixture in a square pan and cut into square pieces.