1/8 Photos of Mmmmmm Nacho Casserole!!!
1 hr 5 mins
Pepper Monkey's Note:
This is a delicious casserole that will remind you of getting a large order of nachos at your favorite restaurant. It looks spectacular coming out of the oven, and it tastes awesome. Just like a big plate of nachos. You might even want to bring this to your next social gathering as an appetizer. To cut the heat down omit the jalapeño pepper and hot sauce, or adjust to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning mix (low sodium ok)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or 1/2 cup chives
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 1 (13 ounce) bag golden tortilla chips or 1 (13 ounce) bag regular tortilla chips
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 3Brown ground beef.
- 4Stir in water, taco seasoning, chilies, jalapeño pepper, salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- 6Spread refried beans in bottom of baking dish and top with beef mixture.
- 7Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 8Remove from oven sprinkle with cheese tomato, onions and olives.
- 9Arrange 18-20 tortilla chips around edges of baking dish.
- 10Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 11Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 12Top with sour cream, guacamole or fresh salsa.
- 13Serve with remaining chips.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mmmmmm Nacho Casserole!!!
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.7
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 737.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.0 g